Wednesday 15 December 2010

Hope for the hopeless

Saturday, Nov 20, 2010.

I sit in the fore front of a market square. Noises and echoes all around me. Lots of words are being said but I can’t make out a single one. Hustling and bustling. Voice of hope amidst regrets a sound of insecurity and that of uncertainty. Head busting out, I can’t make out a single clear thought. I look around me and suddenly all I see is me, alone in a silent, lonely room. The market has come to me or I have gone to it, it must be one of either. How did I get here? Where am I going next? What shall I do? Rains of unanswerable questions, all for the sake of a brawl yet so simple. I’m just trying to find my way out of this prison. I thought I did it all to avoid this, why should it keep coming back. Darkness is overly inexhaustible, as if it’ll never go away. So when I think of my diary, I see hope still among all troubles. The only hope that sustains me is that it’s been worse before; I didn’t know how it got this good, I need not know how it’s going to get better. There’s a hand above that guides a dark part. I have faith in the finger that directs the powerless. Hope, my hope, I trust in you, if only for you hope, I can still wake up back to reality and live for the unknown expedition. Hope, I have faith in you.

8 comments:

  1. simple and profound..

    'i have faith in the finger that directs the powerless' , that just blew me away and am still pondering on it.

    thanks i really needed some encouragement and you delivered the right message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand - as per usual!

    That subtle reminder that we've had it worse worx ineffable wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post. Love this line, "The market has come to me or I have gone to it, it must be one of either." You know, life happens in mysterious ways and we get crowded all of a sudden, but one thing I know is "God is in the marketplace and He's everywhere."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Rainyjoy. It means a lot to me that someone can identify with this. Hope you are doing great and school is a little relieving now. Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks brother. Every imminent issue will suppress itself according to the power and faith that works in us. Hope you've been great. Good to hear from you. Happy holidays bro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Jaycee. I hate that crowd and the market noise. I love clarity and proper direction, but this means so much right now to know that God is in the marketplace and He is everywhere and he can calm the boisterous noise that crowds our mind. I really appreciate your contribution. You are a blessing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Simone

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here. Thanks.